SLOW AND STEADY......

2.23.2008

How I've spent every Saturday in February


This is how I have spent every Saturday in February. I am either the cookie mom for Wheezer's Senior troop, or I am a volunteer for Angel Baby's Brownie troop. Here I am with Angel Baby on one of the most beautiful Saturdays in a long time. I may complain about the blasted cookies(Hey, it's not their fault I can't eat only 1 or 2 a day) but I am a fierce supporter of all things Girl Scout. If I wasn't, would I spend my Friday's at a fashion show? Or my weekends at booths, in the dead of winter? Or sewing badges on vests til my finger's bleed? As I recall, I didn't do very well on the sewing badge as a girl scout. Still can't sew, but for my girls, I'll sew those badges onto their vests. (I have tried the badge glue, but without any real success.) I even went camping a few years ago in October and it was so very, very cold, it took me a week to warm up!!!! But for my girls and my support of scouting, I'd even gain a few pounds during cookie season. I'll take one for the team!!

2 comments:

kay said...

you guys are soooo cute!!

thanks for helping out with monkey this weekend!!

mmmm...thin mints......

Femme au Foyer said...

Well for what it's worth, I love, just LOVE seeing the Girl Scouts outside the grocery store. Such a welcoming site as there is nothing better in this world than Girl Scout cookies!