SLOW AND STEADY......

2.17.2008

Praise!

Again, it has been awhile since I have had time for this. Between cookie booths, school, work, and family, WOW... who has time? Wheezer, my beautiful soon to be 13 year old freaked me out this week!! I sensed something was not right with a friend, so I did something I told myself I would NEVER do- I read her diary. It opened exactly to the page I was interested in, the day her friend came over to the house. It revealed what I suspected, the friendship was not "good". I read just one page and it was all I needed to see, Wheezer was playing an extremely dangerous game called the "Choking Game". In this game, participants hyperventilate and at the last moment, they choke off their air supply to get a rush or high. Need I say it is so very dangerous and could cause brain damage, if they are lucky, because it also leads to death! Did I say freaked? No, I was stunned, freaked, terrified and very, very, very lost at what to do next. I could tell Wheezer I read her diary and piss her off for the rest of her life and maybe beyond, I could lie and say something that would probably come out lame or I could roll over and play dead. I know that I had some time to figure this all out because I was going to subtly keep her very close to me. I put it all in the Lord's hands after Kay prayed for me-thanks friend, you helped to put the focus of the Lord onto the issue and gave me room to hear what I needed to hear. I removed all belts and scarves from her room and prayed! It was revealed to me to call her school councilor, which I did the next day. To make a long story short, the Lord is so awesome and powerful in his timing. The very day I called her school, there was an article in the paper on the "choking game", a story on one of the morning shows and an entire hour dedicated to the topic on the radio station I listen to. Coincidence? I don't think so!! Needless to say, with pray, God's interventions, her councilor, and enough love to fill up outerspace, Wheezer is going to be safe, I can feel it in my heart. It opened my eyes to the fact that you can never let your guard down when dealing with a teenager! I also know I can't blame this other child because Wheezer is just as much at fault as her friend. A little trust was lost that day but a huge helping of faith replaced it!
Praise to the almighty and His wonderous plans!

No comments: