SLOW AND STEADY......

2.02.2008

It's been a long strange... oh.. whatever

I had great intentions of blogging on a daily basis. Lord knows I play enough Spider games that I could write instead of playing. But..... I had other things that needed my attention. Without going into details of all the insanity of my life since August, I am going to give this a try, again. It has been a long, strange trip since August. Would have made for some compelling reading- HA :)

I am on a new weight lose kick. It was my New Year's resolution for 2008. My 2007 resolution was to quit smoking, which for the most part was very successful. I had little hic-up on the road to nicotine freedom, but I am free of cigarettes, and it has been easy. I let God take that ball and chain from me but I exchanged it for about 30 pounds. The reason for the weight lose. OK, not supposed to call it a diet, no... what diet means is that I am on a short term fix to lose whatever weight I can manage to lose before I go off my diet. It is a life style change, a life time of healthy eating.. blah blah blah.... I don't care what it is supposed to be... IT IS A DIET and it is killing me!!!! I want a huge roast beef hoagie with mayo and provolone cheese and I want barbecue chips and I do not want to count the "points"! But, I am determined to lose what I gained when I quit smoking and maybe another 20 pounds for good measure. The big guy, my husband, also went on a life style change New Year's. He has lost close to 20 pounds, in a month! Bastard! I refused to weigh myself the first 2 weeks, scared shitless what the scale would say. So I really don't know what I started out weighing, but I did finally get on the scale and nearly had a heart attack. You know us overweight gals can't take that kind of shock. But I have lost 5 pounds in the last 2 1/2 weeks. It's good, but compared to the big guy, it's a piss in the potty. None the less, can I be happy for him? NO....... I am all bummed and discouraged because I have only lost 5 lbs. Boo-hoo. :( I have a game plan in place for the Superbowl and let's see if I can carry thru with it or fall face first into the bowl of dip. Like I've said, my little world is never uncomplicated, I have to make it all a big deal and ALL ABOUT ME!

1 comment:

kay said...

i think you did great at the superbowl party. keeping the knitting in hand always helps!!!

glad your blogging again! i'll be your best visitor!