SLOW AND STEADY......

2.02.2008

the joys of the stomach flu

Ahhhh.... I am feeling much better after my little bout of the stomach flu. As Kay says, what better way to jump start the diet, oops.. life style change? Speaking of, I lost 1.2 pounds this week :), and that includes "sampling" at the superdipbowl on Sunday. The grand total...(Drum roll please..) 6.4 pounds, about the size of a nice roasting chicken!! Now, why did I compare my lost to food? 6.4 pounds is a small-ish size newborn baby!! Back to the stomach bug. What is worse, the puking or pooping? Oh the joys of even being able to compare the two. But the real winner is puking while driving!! I know this is gross, but for Moms and daycare teachers, the word puke is a natural part of our vocabulary, along with poop, boogies, snot, and fart. (a word I am trying to get my little ladies to replace with "passing gas" but to no avail!) Anyway, driving and puking- I ran an errand, that Big Guy did offer to do for me but I HAD to play the martyr, and while on the road I had to let lose, so to speak. So gross and what was worse, I was in a really nice neighborhood, driving my really loud, obnoxious car when I had to pull over. Nothing like being inconspicuous while doing the deed!! The saving grace was the houses had huge front lawns with lots of trees, so maybe I was hidden. Now that I think about, who flippin cares!!!!
When you gotta puke, you gotta puke! It would have been worse to let lose IN the car- the very car that has no working windows to roll down. Ewwww... now that would have sucked!! I ate nothing but jello, a little rice, a bite of chicken, and some cauliflower. The "PUKING/POOPING DIET". What a life!

2 comments:

kay said...

i'm glad you are feeling better.

do you have my cookies yet!!!

kay said...

happy valentines day my friend!